Tuesday, February 16, 2010

One for the Relatives :)


Wow... i am really bad at this - a week behind.

So let me seee... Well I've been sick (again) for the last week so nothing has really been going on, except for the last few days.

On Saturday we went to Lindesfarne. Don't know what that is? It is the Holy Island of Lindesfarne. Oh and its in England! It is an "island" which is connected by land when the tide is low, but is a full fledged island when the tide is up. AKA you're trapped on the island for around 6-7 hours at a time. It did have a castle, old abby and I did go with a bunch of my friends, but 6 hours was a little much.
Let me see: The Castle. Very small - around 10 rooms but it looked very picturesque sitting out on this random peninsula. They claimed that it was a major stronghold of England during the Tutor times (though no battle was EVER fought there...). Pretty huh? There was a rainbow later in the afternoon :)
Then there was an abbey (and i have no idea why the color of the font changed... or how to change it back...) did... YAH. anyway. The Abbey was the coolest part. We climbed up some random hill and found the highest point in the island... but as you can see from the picture, that isn't hard to do. We fooled around a lot, just acting like idiots mainly because on Saturdays the entire town closes. There were exactly 3 shops open, 2 of which closed by 4 (we left at 6.. and it was cold out) and the remaining one was PACKED with every person from our group (around 100 of us). The best part is that we actually almost doubled the population on the island which is around 120-160 people.

Not the best adventure ever... but it is entertaining to look back on.

Then V-DAY!!! High Street (tourist central) was COVERED with tourists there for V-day weekend. Every couple had the red rose for the girl and what not. It was kind of adorable... though made the holiday seem even more cheesy since everyone had the same idea of what to do. All I did was go get cough medicine and sudafed, felt a little drunk and sick off the cough medicine, sooo... not taking that again. OH. They do NOT have NyQuil or DayQuil nor anything like it. You have to buy each part of it, and I could not find a single cough suppressant, which is what I wanted.

Anyway: That night. I had 5 of my friends over for dinner. One made an AMAZING Mac and Cheese while the rest of us got chips and the likes. And by "the likes" i mean Strongbow. Dang that stuff is amazing, I don't know what I'm going to do in the states without it! (I bet Beers of the World has it!!!). It was so much fun, and actually a decent meal (which i haven't been doing...).

Aren't we cute? hahaha. After this we went over to our friends flat for some chatting and then bed. Overall a success :)

This week is a work week though. I have an essay due every monday for 3 weeks now (AWESOMEEEE) so researching and writing is what is going on. Though on Saturday we might go down to Newcastle England. It is really pretty and sounds like a good adventure and study break.

Back to work then... Happy now, Uncle Bruce?

2 comments:

  1. You guys do actually look really really cute.

    I'm sorry all the love and chocolate and cliche of Valentine's didn't manage to cure the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lindsfarne Gospel was found made in the abbey at Lindsfarne - its super beautiful. If you make it down to London and go to the National Gallery, go see it! I love you!

    ReplyDelete