So its been a week since my last update, so it is long overdue. I have actually been doing homework! Amazing... i know. I actually wrote a paper - for Canadian Studies. Yup, I'm taking Canadian studies... hahaha. All about Aboriginal people and how Quebec wants to leave... good times.
Anyway, this past weekend I went to Newcastle, England with me buddies. It was amazing, though eventful.. haha
First: we got on the wrong train. We bought our tickets for the 9:05 train to Newcastle... so we figured... we get on the train that arrives at 9:05 and is going to Newcastle. Not so much... we were supposed to get on the next train, but they didn't yell at us since we HAD tickets and were going to the same place. Still relatively amusing since we got there a 1/2 hour early since the train we got on only stopped once and the other would have stopped around 3 times.
So we get to Newcastle and we buy a map and start planning...well they did... i went and chatted with 2 awesome people at the Starbucks stand (i wanted hot chocolate... sheesh) and I told them I really wanted to go to the Newcastle United Premier League stadium. This is whne they informed me that I had better go quick since there was a game that day and it started in 2.5 hours... Insert me going back to friends, them having the day planned out completely and me saying, uhhh... sorry but we're changing those plans and going to the stadium first (which none of them cared about really... why they hate soccer I'll never know).
The stadium was AWESOME... i was realllllyyyy excited.... see picture below :)

That's me!!! I bought a scarf from them (a very British football fan thing to do) for only 5 quid, so it was all okay.
From there a series of entertaining events occured, mostly because we were all insane and couldn't understand why we bought tickets for literally 10 hours later... hahaha.
Highlights:
1) the Millennium bridge: Held up by tension alone from the bar overhead and it moves up and down to let boats under!
2) Worlds WORST contemporary art museum... AKA they claimed a room made to look like a pharmacy was art... i will never understand
3) Angel of the North. I should just leave it as that, but I guess I should explain. It is a HUGE angel statue which was constructed i think in 2000 or 2001. It is the largest sculpture in the UK and possibly the largest Angel statue in the world! IT is made all out of iron and stands out like a sore thumb... and we really could NOT figure out why it was there! hahaha
We got home and all died though, sore through and through the next day (while allll writing papers). Probably one of my favorite adventures so far!
Random adventures of yesterday (Monday)? Well I stole a pair of lab goggles from the chem labs. I only have 3 pairs at home... so i figured... a nice even 4. hahaha. Then me and 3 other girls went to "Canada Night" at the International Students Center (cause we apply?? haha). IT was kind of boring until the quiz between everyone started and we didn't win... but we were told we won for spirit cause we were just being insane and intense about it... it was hysterically funny while it was happening.
And today I finally felt well enough again to ACTUALLY run.. though I miss running outside. Guess I should start on that next paper... blahhh.
Over 1.5 months down... only... 3.5 to go! woot!
1. I don't hate soccer/football!! Seeing the stadium was awesome... and if you find cheap tickets to an Edinburgh game, I'd LOVE to come watch with you. :-)
ReplyDelete2. How have be possibly been here for 1.5 months already? And only have (less than) 3.5 left? SO WEIRD.
3. THIRTY TWO!!!
Manchester United is the best EVER that is all.
ReplyDelete