So friday I left Rochester, and magicially forgot my glasses (which i realize already 3/4 of the way there) so mom had to drive back and get them. Dad and I put my bag through security when they say, well you won't make your connection if you catch your flight cause everything is so badly delayed, and there are no more planes to edinburgh this weekend, but there is an earlier flight to get you to Newark earlier. So dad and I grudgingly do that.
It ends up Mom drives back, finds glasses and breaks land speed records to get the glasses back to me. I'm freaking out at the airport by the terminal begging people to go slowly (which some actually did... thank god for nice people!) so that I could get them. I was the last one on the plane and never got to say goodbye to mom because I was literally running around trying to find these glasses. Well long story short... i got on the plane and had the glasses... and the minute we leave the gate, we get another 1 hour delay. AKA I sat in the freaking plane for another hour for no damn reason! grrrrr
Other than that the flight was pretty nice, I had one of those personal screens so I could play games and watch movies (good ones too).
Moved into my flat and everything and have met some nice people (all american so far, but w/e) and we've been exploring town. Only a little jet lagged still, but hopefully that will get better soon. The city is beautiful, though it is excessivly cold and cloudy out, so pictures will come soon!
Well cooking must start!
Dear Ms MacLeod,
ReplyDeleteMy name is John Tokoli. I am the superannuated person who sat across the aisle in the row in front of you in the Rochester-Newark flight. I very much enjoyed our conversation which reminded me that intelligent, charming people of apparent good character can still be found. After the flight in the terminal you said to me, "I'm happy to have met you, " I was stunned. All but speechless (rare for me). That was about the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a very long time. Thank you. I am happy and relieved that you arrived in Caledonia safe and sound. I am confident that your time in Edinburgh will be educational and enjoyable. Take care.